Tuesday, August 26, 2014

You'll Miss This When They're Bigger . . . Um, No, No I won't.

Everyone and their mother (and my mother) has said some reiteration of "you'll miss the newborn stage!"

Um, no. No, I definitely won't. I didn't like roommates in college who think midnight to three a.m. is the perfect time to be awake. I certainly won't miss a ravenous little baby who thinks 3 a.m. is playtime. I don't care if she's awake to eat at night or because her diaper is dirty, but just wanting to be awake? Eeeeek.

Being awake during those hours has given me new perspective on kids and family. I might max out after two of these little buggers . . . as cute as they are. I am sure my struggles are small compared to some (every new mother has her battle), but man if this doesn't change my whole "wanting a big family" shtick.

No comments:

Post a Comment