Sunday, August 24, 2014

I Think My Baby is Nocturnal

I swear, my child is as nocturnal as a bat. Nighttime means very little to Helen and I can't figure out how to get her her sleeping at night.

As I write this she is sleeping soundly, and has been for the past hour and a half. This morning she slept from 9:30 to noon (as did I). She has sort of developed a pattern, as she's slept during those hours for the past five days . . . but boy I wish I could get her to sleep like that at night.

I think it's a matter of me outlasting her. Last night was better in that I was able to make it back in to my bed for an hour and a half, instead of just passing out on the couch with her in my arms. Here's hoping tonight is even better and I make it to my bed more than once. Because shoot, she'll never get a sibling if I can't even sleep in the same bed as my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment