Sunday, August 31, 2014

Mom & Baby: An Outing

So Friday morning rolls around. It's time for my four week check up at the OB. Helen and I are headed out of the house together, just the two of us, for the first time. We'd driven places already, but only with Daddy at the wheel. Suffice it to say, Momma was a little nervous.

But we made it! Out of the apartment, in to the car seat, to the office, out of the car, in to the stroller, in the waiting room, in to the appointment room . . . all without even waking from our morning nap. Doctor comes in, we chat for a bit, and just before getting to the exam portion of the program, we burst in to tears because we peed our pants (did I mention Helen hates to have a wet diaper?).

Luckily my doctor's sweet nurse came in and held crazy pants while we he finished up.

After changing Helen's diaper I got her back in the car and made it over to work without any incident. Then we swiftly turned our paperwork in to the HR office, visited with friends who wanted to meet Helen, and proceeded to get all strapped in to the car and head home.

And then.

Key.

Ignition.

Turn.

Nothing . . . the car wouldn't start.

I was able to get jumped after calling J and the security office at work. I just thank my lucky stars I was at my office with plenty of helpful, nice people who know me to assist. There I was with a four-week-old baby and car that wouldn't start. Replacing the battery is another story . . . as is the hole in the muffler of our other car we discovered that night. When it rains, it pours, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment