Wednesday, September 3, 2014

My One Pregnancy "Must-Have"

Every mommy-blog I've ever read includes a list of pregnancy "must-haves." While I found some of these lists to be helpful, I'm not going to write my own. Because there is one item, and only one item, I think is a true must have.

Palmer's Cocoa Butter.

Buy it. Use it. Love it.

Slather is over your butt, belly, boobs, and thighs and thighs after every shower. And if you don't shower every day, put it on that day anyways. Sure, everything you'll read about stretch marks indicates there is more to it than just wearing lotion every day. Many will tell you that your genes, the amount of exercise you do, the general condition of your skin when you got pregnant, etc. can contribute to the appearance of stretch marks.

Well, I didn't really exercise regularly before pregnancy. And my sister and I have the same genes and she had a ton of stretch marks and I don't.  Other than a few on my butt and two on my boob I am free and clear.

Why?

Because she did not apply cocoa butter every day. Maybe I was a bit of a nut about the whole thing, and I have always been a habitual lotion-er because I have dry skin, but I will sing the praises of cocoa-butter to anyone who will listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment